When it comes to quality leather goods, Louis Vuitton is the brand to go to. LV does not just sell the handbags that it's become famous for. The brand also produces great accessories like shoes and scarves, as well as small leather goods like passport holders and wallets. If you have some Louis Vuitton bags, you should probably get a wallet to match them as well. A Louis Vuitton Sarah Wallet Monogram for instance, would go very well with classic Monogram items like a Speedy or a Neverfull, or even newer models like the Galliera or the Delightful.
When you own a Louis Vuitton Sarah Wallet Monogram, you'll want to be able to use it for many years. This wallet is made to work hard. It's got a lot of great features, including a snap-flap closure, a calf leather lining, ten card slots, a zipped pocket for change, a bill slot, and an interior compartment. To ensure that this wallet will last for a long time, it helps to care for it the proper way. Here's how to keep your LV Sarah in shape for a long time.
1. Carry it with care. A wallet isn't generally the kind of article that we baby, simply because it's less visible and even more utilitarian than a handbag. You often use the same wallet several days in the week, so it sees a lot more wear than your bags. That's why you should be careful about how you carry your Monogram Sarah wallet. Keep it in your handbag or jacket pocket, and resist the urge to slip it into the pocket of your jeans. Carrying it that way could scuff or scratch the canvas.
2. Do not stuff your wallet. Yes, your Monogram Sarah can store all your cash and your essentials, but be careful not to fill it with unnecessary items like old ATM statements or restaurant receipts. If you need these for accounting purposes, take them out at the end of the day. Leather will stretch, but you can't bring it back to its original shape. You will change the look of your wallet and make it wear out faster with over-stuffing. Instead buy another wallet that you can put all your IDs and other cards.
3. Clean it the proper way. Monogram Canvas items usually do not get dirty very easily, although the vachetta leather lining or details can acquire a patina over time. Most people actually like this oxidized look since it is a hallmark of a genuine LV item. If you must, wipe the canvas with a damp cloth. Avoid leather cleaners and go to professionals to take care of really bad stains.
4. Consider maintenance. Your coated canvas wallet could need some tender loving care now and then. You may find that you have to take it to the Louis Vuitton boutique for some re-glazing after a couple of years or so. If you're conscientious about this, your wallet will not crack.
5. Use more than one wallet. To minimize wear on your Sarah, do rotate it with a less expensive one now and then. You might also want to alternate it with a second LV wallet.
Your Louis Vuitton Sarah Wallet Monogram is a great wallet that you'll be enjoying for years, as long as you give it the proper care.